English is the most widely used language in the world but is originally spoken in Britain. There are about 360 native English speakers and around 750 million speakers with English as their second language. English is the official language of 67 countries including Mauritius, India, Ireland, South Africa. United Kingdom, Australia and United States are the countries where English is the de facto language.
English is a West Germanic language first spoken in Anglo- Saxon England. Nearly 60% of English language comes from latin. English may use strange spelling when written and many English speaking countries spell words differently. English is now known to be a global lingua franca.
Importance & Opportunity:
The importance of written and spoken English has increased manifold due to globalization.
Over the years, English language has become an essential medium of communication, both at the international and intra-national levels.
English is the official language in several countries with around 2 billion people using it as a mean of communication.
Being a dominant business language, English is a necessity when joining the global work force.
Knowing English open job and employment opportunities in many countries and different markets/ fields.
There are numerous reasons to learn English, such as:
- Being the language of the Internet, 50% of the web content is in English.
- Being the language of science, aviation, computers, diplomacy and tourism, knowing English increases the possibility/ chance of getting a job in the mentioned sectors.
- Many of the best books, music and films are produced and published in English, thus helps in enhancing cultural understanding and furthermore it can be fun.
Introduction to the English language and highlighting its importance.
This syllabus is a comprehensive survey of grammar in simple modern English.
This course is conducted exclusively in English language, to help the students learn how to:
- Use correct speaking accents.
- Modulate the words to find the correct language rhythm.
- Learn common English idiomatic expressions
- Learn rules for translating from and to other languages.
Notional Study Hours – 42 hours
Duration of Course – 6 months
Hours per Week – 2 hours
Fees – Rs 15 000
Number of students per group – 10(Max)